January. 31 days. Chelle’s home office organized. Is it possible? Join us on this 31 day organizing journey!! You can do anything for 31 days right?
Keep up with the entire series here.
Day 31 – Assignment: Finishing Touches
How many times have you pulled an all nighter studying for a test? Or, stayed up late to get prepared for a presentation?
Deadlines. Scrambling at the last minute to get the finishing touches done. Even though we planned out our assignments each day we still have finishing touches to complete.
Today Chelle is working on hanging pictures and all the finishing touches for the decor.
Just think if we wouldn’t have set this deadline! We definitely wouldn’t be putting in the effort to COMPLETE everything today (while Chelle has 25 kids at her house!!!). The great thing, though, is that it will be COMPLETE!!!! How many times do you really complete something? In a timely manner? When you have a deadline and people are expecting results more gets done.
What are finishing touches for Chelle today? Hanging pictures and decorating. She is busily cutting foam core and choosing the pictures she wants to display. It is hard! It is easy to put off making decisions. But she is not doing that anymore!
I am going over in the morning to take all the final reveal pictures. I’ll be checking on a few of my own finishing touches. I don’t want to leave any part undone. I’ll be there to help if anything is left to do. Here is my list:
- Elsewhere Pile: It ALL must be put away in the correct spots, not in piles to do later.
- Paper Flow Plan: We’ll review the paper flow plan. Review this post to be sure you have a plan.
- Labels: Make sure everything is labeled. I’ll open every drawer and cabinet and make sure nothing is out of place and everything is labeled.
- Final vacuum: Nothing is better than backing out of a room while vacuuming. Freshly vacuumed carpet makes me happy!
- Take AFTER photos: I can’t wait for this part. Then we can stare in awe at the amazing transformation.
Final reveal pictures tomorrow!!!!!