Sheila Gregoire talked with Chelle and Tracy on the show “Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby!” We love how Sheila is open about the problems she experienced early on in her marriage. She would have never guessed that she would be sharing on this topic now!
Sheila touched on the subject of women and men not wanting sex.
For women it could be:
- Distractions (and boy do we have a lot of them!)
- We don’t see, and understand, the necessity of sex in our marriage and for our man.
She gave 4 reasons men may not want sex:
- Pornography – This is the number one reason for low libido in married men. So prevalent in our culture today. Don’t ignore it. Get help. It will destroy your family.
- Low testosterone – Easy to find out. Easy to fix. Schedule a doctor’s appointment.
- Stress – Talk with him, take walks together, etc.
- Passive – He stops trying and gets into something else (video games?).
We have some choices. Live with our marriages and our sex lives the way they are or take action. Here are a few ideas to help you take action:
- Pray for your marriage and your sex life. Pray that you would be willing to be a “good girl.” Listen to the show to hear sheila’s definition of a “good girl.”
- Visit Sheila’s site and read her blog: To Love, Honor and Vacuum (click on BLOG on the menu bar)
- Go through her 31 Days to Great Sex with your husband. Be accountable to a friend.
- Get professional help. Spend the time necessary to work through your issues.
Your sex life CAN BE all that God meant it to be in your marriage! Go for it!