While we all agree that spending time with our kids individually is important it is also important to invest in their lives, training them to become Godly gentlemen and lovely young women.
Lisa Jacobson gave us the top 5 things her husband and her want to teach their sons and their daughters. Listen to all the details on the show – #141: LOVING Your Kids.
For the sons:
- Always tell the truth – Emphasize how great it is whenever they tell the truth.
- Learn what needs to be done and do it – Have your child look around. Ask them, “What do you see that needs to be done?”
- Learn to look after others – Meet someone else’s needs
- Walk in purity – The phrase Lisa’s husband uses is “There is power in purity.“
- Love God’s Word – Instead of telling them what is right or what to do, ask them, “What does God say about it.”
For the daughters:
- Seek wisdom – Ask them questions. Have good discussions.
- Choose joy – Our day does not have to be dictated by our feelings.
- Be kind to others
- Watch over your words – Be mindful of the impact our words have to heal or to hurt.
- Draw near to God – Girls tend to find their peace in relationships with friends, parents, others. Know that your peace comes from a relationship with God first. Draw near to Him first.
What do you believe are the 5 most important things to teach your sons and daughters?