Feeding our families never ends. Do you know what I mean? On our show, The Best New School Year Ever, we talk about some back to school food ideas…
- Have grab n go morning snacks available for those that have to leave extra early or that don’t enjoy eating breakfast. Examples are cereal bars, protein bars, to go cups for drinks on the go like Carnation Breakfast Essentials, etc.
- Try one of these 15 Breakfast To Go ideas from Parenting.com.
- Create a breakfast trolley like this. Visit our Pinterest board to see another photo where they added a white board above the trolley so the family can see at a glance what they have going on that day while grabbing their breakfast.
- 50 Breakfasts on the Fly from Food Network
- Tracy’s friend Jenn’s tip – Make a whole loaf (or two) of sandwiches ahead of time and place them in the freezer. Just grab one when making your lunch. It’ll be thawed by lunch time AND it will keep your lunch cold!
- Tracy’s friend Shauna’s tip – Establish a 10 minute rule. Right when kids walk in the take 10 minutes to talk with you, sign papers and folders and unload PLUS remake their lunch for the next day! Brilliant! No staying up late making lunches or rushing in the morning!
- Keep a basket in fridge of all lunch making items. Just pull out the basket when making your lunch. No opening the refrigerator door 10 times PLUS you’ll know exactly what you need to add to your grocery list by glancing in the basket.
- Love this idea for homemade lunchables from Frugal Family Times.
- Always a favorite is the Gogurts (MOO Tubes). Keep frozen and pop in a lunch box to serve as a snack and as a ice pack.
- 21 Back to School Lunches Kids Will Love from RealSimple.
- You will always find amazing things on IHeart Organizing. Here is her Back To School Organizing: Packing Lunches post.
After School Snacks
- Have a snack bin in your pantry and your refrigerator, labeled, so that kids know where to go for snacks. It makes it easy to promote the food YOU want them to eat AND you quickly know what needs replenishing by glancing in the bin!
- 50 After-School Snacks from Food Network
- Tracy made these Energy Bites. AMAZING.
What are your kid’s favorite school breakfasts, lunches and snacks?