Everyday for 31 days we will be posting a Top 10 List. It is part of the Nester’s Write 31 Days Challenge.
You can find links to all of our Top 10 Lists here.
Subscribe here (choose the email option) so you don’t miss any of them.
You want your overnight guests to feel at home. Freshly laundered sheets, some beautiful throw pillows and a few books on the nightstand make a welcoming, restful retreat for friends and family. It’s the attention to detail that makes visitors feel special.
When it’s time for bed your guests nestle under the down comforter and reach for the reading material you’ve strategically stacked on the antique table next to the bed. This is not the time for your aunt Helen from Idaho to discover the self-help, life-management book collection you keep for yourself on nights when your spouse’s snoring is unbearable.
The following is a list of those books you may own that might be a little unsettling to Helen and others. Your books say a lot about your life. Take our advice and spare guests from your library of personal enrichment and unique home management projects. Trust us, ignorance is bliss for them. TMI.
10. The 7 Year Itch: Stop Reoccurring Head Lice
9. Removing Toxic Waste For Dummies
8. When Your Sleepwalking Becomes Violent
7. Company’s Coming! Don’t Let Rat Infestation Keep You From Entertaining
6. Is This Blood, Urine or Feces? Know Your Carpet Stains
5. Adult Onset Bed Wetting 101
4. I Just Want to Kill Somebody! Overcoming Negative Thoughts
3. If They Only Knew: Giving Your Guests The Illusion of Clean
2. Gluten Free Strongheart Breakfast Patties & Other Surprising Meat Substitutes
1. Sleeping With The Enemy: You Can Learn to Live With Bedbugs
Happy Entertaining! Don’t let the real you ruin your reputation as the Hospitality Queen.