Have you even thought about Christmas shopping yet? Our guest contributor, Jill Annis has!
Have you started Christmas shopping?
I used to dread it because I would get anxious about whether I bought the “right” gift. You wouldn’t believe how much time I spent returning gifts because I found something “better.” I’m a professional organizer; the last thing I want to do is give someone more clutter.
Your friends and family probably have enough stuff in their lives. They may have even told you they really don’t need anything. The problem is….you want to give them a gift because it’s expected or you enjoy giving gifts.
Here are some gift ideas for people who say they don’t need anything. As a bonus, these gifts do not have to be dusted, and they are around temporarily.
- Do you enjoy cooking or baking? Give homemade cookies, candy, bread, pies or even soup they can freeze and enjoy later.
- Brighten their home with a seasonal plant (poinsettias or amaryllis), wreath or centerpiece.
- Instead of having a gift exchange with friends, invite them over for coffee and bagels or wine and dessert.
- If you enjoy playing games, host a game night with hot chocolate and cookies.
- Give experiences: tickets to a movie, sporting event, concert, or show.
- Give the gift of time/talent. Treat them to a concert or show. If you have a certain talent, offer to teach a complimentary lesson or two.
What clutter free gifts have you given?
More clutter free gift ideas: