Souvenirs, birthday cards, kids’ artwork. How do you manage all your memorabilia?! We offer three steps to apply to your life when dealing with your meaningful keepsakes. Stop feeling overwhelmed by stuff from the past and create the space you want today. Remember, when everything is important; nothing is. Get started by listening now!
Here are links to other ideas we mention on the show:
- Managing your paper Memorabilia (YouTube video) by Natalie Conrad, Organized Habits
- Managing Memorabilia by Jo the Clutter Buster
“Most archives – even the Smithsonian Institution – must determine what is important to retain for posterity. They develop retention criteria and evaluate items accordingly. You will need to do the same.”
Jo suggests using these three questions for your retention criteria:
- Does the item “make your heart sing?”
- Could you tell a story to another person with this item?
- Would you take it with you when you downsize?
- What To Do With Kid Art (14 ideas) by Parents.com (where we learned about Lee Skalkos turning artwork into jewelry at Totally Out Of Hand)