Overwhelmed by the thought of spring planting season? Get started with a few container plantings around your home. Cut through the clutter of information with Tracy and Chelle as they visit a fantastic lawn and garden nursery. They interview an expert who will walk you through the process of creating the perfect containers for sun or shade. Tips on plants, soil, fertilizer, watering and more. Tracy was even inspired to get her green thumb on. Listen now!
Learn more about the Grass Pad:
- Grass Pad website
- Grass Pad’s Barry Road Facebook Page
- Grass Pad article: Thrill Fill Spill: Idiot Proof Patio Pot Designing
Sun vs. Shade Plants?
Shade: Begonias (bonfire, regular), Impatiens, and Coleus (foliage)
Sun: Geraniums, Petunias (wave petunias), and Becopa
- Learn how to choose sun or shade plants from Simply Beautiful. Click on sun, shade or sun and shade. Click on the photo to see the specific plants and the container map.
- Five Shade Plants for Containers and 5 Container Plants for Sun from About.com.
- Just for fun try this 10 question quiz on container plants.
Has this inspired you to spring into action and do some planting? Post a picture of your container creations on our Facebook page.