Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups minced leeks (white and light green part only, about one bunch)
- 2 fresh chili peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Knead well by hand until the ingredients are thoroughly combined, but do not over-mix.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 equal portions, about 1/4 cup each. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and pan-fry, covered, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
Serve over a bed of simple steamed greens or these Garlic Steamed Green Beans (amazing!).
Place meatballs into freezer to freeze and pop into a soup for a quick dinner option.
I (Tracy) LOVE ginger. I didn’t have sesame oil so I used another oil. I never buy chili peppers but saw a basket of long, green ones at the grocery store so I bought one. I didn’t use the seeds in case it would make it too hot.
This recipe was given to Tracy by Bridgette O’Connor of Nu-Trix for Health + Wellness.