One More Article About Cats on the Internet
Or...Funny Cat Thoughts That No One Else May Think Are Funny Except for Me and My Kids
As I work to cut the clutter in our family life, I sometimes wonder why we have knowingly added pet hair, litter boxes, and paw prints to our household. For the most part, our cat and two dogs are worth the extra effort it takes to care for them. They do bring fun to our home.
I often sit in our hearth room and work on my laptop. Our dogs, Libby and JoJo, lie at my feet. If I get up, they are up too, wagging their tails. Their faces reveal their thoughts so transparently, “I love you! I love you! Let me out so I can pee. I love you!” On the other hand, Boomer, our very large cat may or may not look up from his 586th sleeping position on the couch as I get up. If he does open an eye or two to give me a look, I am curious what he is thinking. After years of being on the receiving end of those “looks” and spending time around him every day, I am fairly confident I can surmise a few things my cat would say to me.
- “I just peed in the dirty laundry basket and you’ll never know.”
- “You might not want to eat that.”
- “I’m practicing mind control skills on the dogs. It’s working.”
- “You realize I’m slowly eating the Harvest Blend Potpourri from the coffee table basket.”
- “I just finished chewing cords under the computer desk. Next, I’ll be running out the front door when your guests arrive. Anything else you don’t want me to do? I’m on it.”
- “Toilet water is overrated.”
- “Today I’m going to make the most of all 17 minutes I’m awake.”
- “Your full on Monopoly game is the perfect spot for my nap. BTW…the thimble is under my left leg.”
- “I admitted I am powerless over empty boxes… this is the first step in overcoming my addiction.”
- “Okay, I have to admit I love this family. Now I will attack your forearm like live prey until you shove me off the couch.”
Whatever goes on in the minds of our pets, I am sure they know they aren’t just extra clutter. They are family.