Multitasking in general is not the best way to get things done.
But for certain tasks I think it is okay to multitask.
Laundry is one of those tasks.
When we first moved into our home 10 years ago I wasn’t sure if I would like having the laundry room upstairs. I figured I would spend most of my time on the main floor so going upstairs would be a pain. But I LOVE having all the clothes stay on the second level. All the bedrooms are upstairs so it works for us.
I stay in my laundry room while I do laundry. I would highly recommend this.
I know some people love to sit and fold clothes in their living room while watching TV or dump all the clothes on their bed and fold them all at once. If you have a way that works for you then keep doing it your way.
I recently reorganized a little.
I still want to tile the floor and paint the walls and definitely redo my “lost socks” thingy
Awwwwwww. Special memories getting the idea from a Family Fun magazine and making it when the kids were little.
It is quite pitiful looking now, isn’t it? I’m looking on the bright side and realizing I only have ONE lost sock. How many of you can say that? Maybe that is why it says soc instead of socks.
These projects are not entered in my calendar so they never get done! Do you have any projects like that?
Not Chelle. This summer she is getting projects done...and inspiring me! Check them out here!
One more #laundrytip before giving you my 5 multitasking laundry ideas.
#LaundryTip – Use only two laundry baskets in your laundry room. Keep things simple. One for white clothes and one for colored clothes.
My kids are responsible to get their clothes into the correct basket. My boys’ rooms are right near the laundry room so instead of having hampers in their room they use these. The girls bring their clothes in and sort them when their hamper is full or when they know I am doing laundry.
Keeping more hampers in your house may cause more dirty clothes to accumulate. When I walk past the laundry room and see these two baskets are getting full I know it is time to do laundry!
What are your laundry tips? Let us know in the comments.
Now, on to the 5 multitasking ideas to do while doing laundry.
1. PRAY. With each piece of laundry you touch pray for that family member. Assign other items in the laundry to other things you want to pray for. Bath towels remind me to pray for missionaries. Sheets remind me to pray for church and country leadership. Dish towels remind me to pray for my kids’ schools.
2. DREAM. Install a dry erase board in your laundry room or leave a notepad and pen in there. When an idea comes to your mind you can jot it down immediately. These days it is pretty certain that if I don’t write it down I will not remember it.
3. LISTEN. I love listening to books on my Kindle or smart phone with the kindle app and the voice over option. I also LOVE podcasts. I use the PodCruncher app. My favorite podcasts include:
- Clutter Interrupted radio
- John Lee Dumas’ Entrepreneur on Fire
- Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Jim Wang’s Microblogger
- Amy Porterfield’s podcast
Yes, aside from ours, they are all business podcasts.
Please leave suggestions for fun, inspiring podcasts that you enjoy in the comments. I’d love some new ideas.
4. MEMORIZE. Memorize scripture. Tape a 3×5 card with your memory verse in the laundry room so you are prepared. You’ll see it when you do laundry and remember to work on your memorization.
5. TALK. It’s fun to catch up with friends. I put on my ear buds, stick my phone in my pocket and talk with a friend or family member.
What do you do while you do laundry? Let us know in the comments. Do you think it is beneficial to multitask while you do certain tasks like laundry?